Friday, February 15, 2008

catching up

seeing how i haven't blogged for ages and even some of you didn't find out that we were having a baby until quinn blogged our ultrasound pictures, i decided it was time to update a little bit. forgive me for backtracking, but this post consists mainly of random things beginning back in january.

first of all i need to announce that my sister (and best friend in the entire world) came home from her mission in kirtland, ohio! she wasn't as excited to see us as we were to see her. she really missed her mission and wanted to go right back. i tried to help her out but i just couldn't relate. as much as i loved my mission i was so excited to come home. luckily quinn went through the same thing when he came home from his mission and was able to comfort her and give some good advice.


i know that it sounds horrible, but i think it was when my sisters and i took cali shopping that she started to feel more comfortable being home. she finally loosened up as you can see in the picture below. as we were shopping we walked into a store that had huge gorgeous mirrors along the walls. we tried on their hats and starting dancing to the hip hop music playing loudly. this is where cassi stated that lyric was by far her whitest sister. sorry lyr, i'll give you dance lessons later. :)
here is a picture for quinn's mom, karen, who wants to see my pregnant belly really bad, and for my nephew landon who was confused on whether quinn or i were carrying the baby after quinn made his belly stick out really far. we are at mckay's 5th birthday party at chucky cheese. and, no, chucky did not blink during the picture just in case you were wondering...he was sleeping and only turns on at certain hours of the day. lame, i know.

quinn is obsessed with the basketball game double shoot and played it the entire time while at chucky cheese. i will proudly announce for him that he beat the records on both machines. (don't worry, i didn't remind him that it was probably the high record of an 8 year old). and even though i shouldn't, i have to announce that i beat my brother at the game. (don't worry, i won't name which one).

12 comments:

April said...

It is about time we hear what is going on with you guys! You(and Quinn)look darling pregnant! Cal looks great! I bet you guys broke her in fast with the shopping trip. Looks fun!

bec said...

We are so happy to see another post! We miss you guys. Your blog made us laugh a lot :D

Brandon said...

Double shot is the greatest.

Brandon said...

Double shot is the greatest.

Mitchell Family said...

I wish so bad I could've seen her. But I guess she will be back to her old self for sure when I see her! I'm glad I was able to see you guys for that short time and thanks for lunch!

Karen Brown said...

YES! Prego pictures at last! I don't think it's a good thing that Quinn looks more PG than Alexis! Might want to start that diet Quinn or are you working up for the Santa gig for NEXT YEAR?

CAL and you look so happy to be together once again! I loved the hat picture - Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad to see Quinn is keeping up with his Basketball skills and NOT injuring his knee while doing it!

Would it be asking toooooo much to get a weekly picture of you PG or should we go monthly???? I need more! Love you guys! MOM

bec said...

is it just me, or do our widget counters get a glich and skip backwards a week?

Becky said...

Hello there! We haven't seen you in awhile so I thought I'd see if you had any news on your blog. Nope, nothing here. Do you guys have any good or bad news? Call us. Love, Becky

Ashlee said...

Hey Lexi- it's good to get an update from you! You and Quin are BOTH glowing- I can see how some would be confused! Make sure you let us all know what you have!
As for Cali- I wouldn't have been any help, either. Adjusting was awesome and immediate- thank goodness!!!

Ashlee said...

I meant let us all know what you're HAVING- I'm sure we'll eventually know what you have!

Leslie Pond said...

Tag...Quinn, you're it. Take a look at my blog to see what I tagged you for. Oh, and make it about Lexi. :)

Leslie Pond said...

And ofcourse you have to answer all the questions. It's really not that long. Just copy and paste.