Thursday, January 15, 2009

the unique and soothing voice of sondre lerche is something all of you must experience. i came across his music in a record store when i was a senior in high school and have yet to find a song that i haven't liked. he is from norway and wrote and sang all of the songs in "dan in real life" (or as my brother jesse calls it "joe in real life" ...sorry joe). anyways, i got a call from my brother joe telling me that sondre lerche is coming to louisville along with brenda carlile and the seattle orchestra. we booked tickets that night. excited is an understatement.

speaking of music i need to give a shout out to one of my favorite websites: pandora.com. it is an internet radio website where you enter in a musician's name and it will play their music along with others like it. through it i have come to know many more musicians that play incredible music. it is on all day at my house and i love that i can have numerous stations, two of which are sondre lerche and band of horses. you should check it out.

6 comments:

Lyric Payne said...

I just logged onto Pandora and now remember that I tried it out a few times in the past. I had an Indigo Girls station, which I hate to tell you, but I like much better than the Sondre Lerche station I created. I like a little more folky sound I guess. The Sondre Lerche sound is awesome but not upbeat enough for me most of the time. Music really affects my mood, so I usually like something upbeat, but not rocky. Am I picky or what! Thanks for reminding me about Pandora. Love it!

kt said...

What a fun concert! I wish we could fly out to go to it with you. I miss talking music. I know there is still a lot that you can introduce me to. And you're right, yay for pandora!!

stace said...

i love love love pandora too. i posted about it awhile back...it's all i listen to at work. i have an ingrid michaelson and a regina spektor station on mine....i'll have to look into sondre lerche...although i'm not too sure i'm a fan of the pic you posted of him....it's kinda creepy looking!

Karen Brown said...

What does my baby look like today? I hope you have fun at the concert!

J & J said...

how perfect to find the name of this musician. we just watched that movie and loved the music. i am going to pandora next...thanks

Cindy Bigelow said...

lexi! hey girl. so i got your comment on my photography blog the other day...and i would LOVE to do pictures of you and your beautiful family! it would be so fun! summer is definitely a busy time...but not too busy to fit you in the schedule. i would seriously love it! give me a call when you are back in town this summer and we'll get something fun going for you!

it looks like you guys are doing so great! seriously...i can't get over how cute that little man of yours is! way to make such adorable kids!