Saturday, March 14, 2009

my pretty much perfect husband

as of january 1st, quinn has not had any sweets. for those of you who know my husband well, you would know the size of his sweet tooth. it all stemmed from the starbursts at christmas. quinn's brother, joel, has a starburst chain that is ridiculously long (100 feet or so) that he makes from folding starburst wrappers in a way that he can link them together. (each of quinn's siblings have a weird...i mean interesting collection, or hobby, or whatever it is. you should see the size of quinn's rubber band ball that he started when he was young! twice the size of a bowling ball, and getting about that heavy! and what do you do with it! what do i do with it?! he still gets rubber bands at christmas time! oh well, i'll let the brown's be the brown's...i mean i am one now you know. maybe i should start collecting twisty ties and make the world's largest twisty tie loop or save old shoelaces and make the world's longest ladder made out of shoelaces. you see.....i'm no good at this. i'll stick to collecting useful things like french books from the 1700's). anyways, joel received bags upon bags of starbursts for christmas and you know quinn, he has no governor when it comes to candy, so he ate, and ate, and ate, until he was literally sick. that lead to the decision he made on new year's eve....at dinner....with my family....out of nowhere....claiming he was going off sweets for an entire year! "what?!" i laughed. "why don't you start off with a week, sweety. you need to make realistic goals." some wife i am. supportive huh. well, i don't know if it's because he is stubborn or the fact that he likes the way he feels, maybe a little of both, but quinn brown has not had a single sweet since december 31st.

so last night, while at a friend's house, i ate my ice cream, thinking i was in heaven eating this delicious bowl of blue bell ice cream. my girlfriend felt bad and offered him a pear. he sat next to me with a knife and a pear, cutting into it while juices spray and spill into the plate. i hear the goodness gush in his smiling mouth and his eyes close with pure ecstasy. my belly was turning, and bulging, and i didn't even have a good taste in my mouth. i didn't feel good, which i never do after eating ice cream, and here i am staring at my husband eating his delicious pear, and salivating. i'm jealous that he is going to feel just as good, if not better, after he eats that pear, knowing how i feel after eating a big bowl of ice cream.


since when did my husband become more healthy than me? i was the little girl that pulled out an apple while my family ate chocolate cake! somewhere along the way my sweet tooth grew and grew until now where i'm too afraid to give up sweets. and once again, here i am....in awe of my pretty much perfect husband.

9 comments:

bec said...

Wow. Way to go Quinn! I decided to not eat sweets during February but I only lasted until valentine's day, then it got pretty rocky. yeah. 2 weeks. I think it was a record for me though : )

Lyric Payne said...

Quinn you are the man. Why is it that all the in-laws in our family have this amazing self-control and they're not even related to our mom who has the same self-control. Keep it up you little stud muffin!

Lyric Payne said...

Quinn you are the man. Why is it that all the in-laws in our family have this amazing self-control and they're not even related to our mom who has the same self-control. Keep it up you little stud muffin!

Rebecca said...

Cute blog background by the way. Way to go Quinn!! He's definitely braver than I am. But what a great dentist he'll make...and I'm sure he'll feel healthier. That was so nice of your friend to give him a pear so he didn't feel left out of eating with the rest of you.

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

that's sweet of you rebecca. i'm sure that he will make a good dentist....now if only we can get him to floss.

Hollie said...

Way to go Quinn! and Lexi, you could do it too. It's only the first two weeks that are hard, and than it's easy after that...as long as you never cheat. Hey, I think we are still planning on coming out in May for graduation. Do you know the exact date of it? That will be super fun. Maybe we can take you out to eat at some of our favorite places that perhaps you haven't found yet. For your anniversary there is this place close to Zorn, callec Azelea's. It was the best back in our day. OOh, my mouth is already watering thinking of all the places we have to eat at. Love you guys.

kt said...

Wow! Quinn I am impressed. My big sacrifice. . .I once went about 6 months with no candy, and only one dessert a day. I know, when you have to tell yourself only one dessert a day it's pretty bad. so don't feel too bad Lexi, you're not alone.

the mortensen's said...

so I read this to wayne and he is jealous, because apparantly he has always wanted to make a rubberband ball!
Way to go Quinn!
I went of sweets for 3 months. The end.

Karen Brown said...

Not even sure if we are related right now! Quinn has a huge sweet tooth like his mother! The quirkie things they collect??? not sure where that came from (Their fathers side?) I think I went a couple of hours before but then I gave in! GO QUINN!