Monday, April 13, 2009

surprise!



i can't surprise quinn for the life of me! just the other day he found out what he is getting for his birthday and i just about lost it! he, on the other hand, surprises me about once a day. easter morning wasn't any different.

so, a few days ago i asked quinn if i could get jayden an easter basket, his reply was no, saying that he was too young and we shouldn't spend money on easter anyways. easter morning rolls around and i wake up to quinn and jayden's shining faces, quinn's eyes wide with a huge smile, saying, "did the easter bunny come?!"
i shot him a glance of "oh no you din't!" and ran out the bedroom door to find a trail of chocolate easter eggs leading from our bedroom to the living room, where i found a gorgeous daffodil plant, lots of candy, and a few other presents just waiting for me! he must have done this in the middle of the night! i jumped up and down and squealed like a little girl, with tears coming to my eyes thinking of how sweet and thoughtful my husband is. growing up with 10 kids in my family, we never got easter baskets, so this was so exciting for me.

seeing how quinn made me think that we weren't doing anything for easter, i didn't get him anything, and felt stupid right away, to which his reply was, "you give me something every day". awwwwwww. or in quinn's words, "how did a girl like me get a guy like you?"


the trail


jayden finding the trail


jayden eating the trail

11 comments:

stace said...

thanks for the sweet comment! ok, so you're gonna have to teach me how to make a button, cuz i would really love to do that. looks like you guys had a fun easter! i feel the same way about surprising chris. i've never ever ever been able to surprise him about any gift EVER! it drives me batty. so i totally know where you're coming from it's so frustrating!

the mortensen's said...

your hubby is the sweetest ever!!! Just come back and practice in Boise when you are done and all will be well!

bbcurfew said...

I'm obsessed. Quinn makes too many guys look bad! But keep it up! I'm impressed that he pulled that whole thing off with a crazy schedule and one car! Props.

bbcurfew said...

PS- Speaking of surprises. Have you noticed the black wedding ring that Brandon wears lately? Well, that was my "surprise" anniversary gift to him.... our anniversary is still in a month.... yeah, you can guess how that went....

Karen Brown said...

YES EASTER PICTURES! THANK YOU!

Emily M said...

Cute blog. So fun to see you and your cute family!

Trev and Shan said...

How fun!!! Quinn is so thoughtful, wow, I am impressed!! Jayden is just too darn cute.

Todd and Meagan said...

That is too sweet! I'm the same in the way that I cannot surprise Todd either. Those darn boys...we are going to have to show them up one of these days :)

Tiffany said...

I'm way impressed with Quinn! He needs to teach Lance a thing or two! Looks like your Easter was wonderful! We need to get together one of these days when the sun finally decides to come out!

Deb O said...

Lexi,I love reading your blog and keeping up on what your cute ,little family is doing. Jayden is a such a cutie and you're right-you have a great husband! Love ya, Aunt Debbie

Erin said...

We didn't get Easter baskets growing up, either! I thought I was the only one. I am totally impressed by your husband. What an industrious guy!