Monday, April 6, 2009

rain rain go away

i want to be here


or here


or here


or here.....



just not here.

i was told that it rains nonstop here in the spring, so i wasn't shocked to wake up to the sound of pitter pattering on the roof. the weatherman was wrong yesterday so i was hoping he'd be wrong again today. we had a gorgeous palm sunday, full of warm, sunny weather, in which we spent at our friends house getting our fill of food and the good lord's word. but once again, it is a dark, drizzly day where i just want to stay inside and cuddle with my little baby cuddle bug (who is learning how to walk as we speak!) after enduring months of this weather, i find myself dreaming of walking on the beach barefoot in hawaii, or on the lake with our good friends, or in cabo san lucas walking the streets looking for souvenirs, or in sunny las vegas riding the scooter with my man. but i guess that is why i gave our bedroom an island theme, for moments like these, where i can just lay on our beautiful handmade quilt covered in hawaiian plumeria flowers, or stare at the framed island picture that i tore from a hawaiian calendar, and dream of a beautiful, sunny day, sitting on the beach with a flower in my hair and not a care in the world. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.


8 comments:

The Minert's said...

Why can't it just be beautiful weather already!!!! Haven't we all endured enough! Well to look on the bright side...at least you have a adorable little man to cuddle with, it makes it all better! Love the beach theme room thats gotta help!

Kelli and Dan said...

the sun has come out a few times here in boise but the wind is fridged and its mixed with rain and even snow. i am coaching softball at mtn. view right now and i have to wear long johns everyday to keep remotely warm. hopefully our prayers for warmth are answered soon. i love your vacation photos they are adorable. (oh and the house in in boise)

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

Some day huh babe?!?! Some day!

bbcurfew said...

I'm depressed about the rain/cold and green with envy over those adorable, sun-filled pics. Thanks. ;)

bbcurfew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bbcurfew said...

Oh, and Pres. Obama wanted me to ask, was Quinn kneeboarding in the Special Olympics? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he took gold. Haha! I'm sorry, I had to ask. Are you sitting at home alone with your man in the other room studying? If so, I feel ya sista. We need to rob Costco of all it's delightful samples soon girl. And figure out our May trip. And hang out. And chat about stuff. And, yeah... all that.

bbcurfew said...

I'm not sure if we have any Easter plans. I'll ask b when I see him again. Do you have something in mind? (I'm taking over your blog comments, yikes)

Karen Brown said...

Why am I thinking of Ken and Barbie right now??? THE PERFECT COUPLE!