Sunday, May 17, 2009

catching up

we had a great time when my parents and older brother and sister-in-law came into town for my brother's graduation from dental school. seeing how i have to catch up for all those weeks that i didn't blog, once again, i post a blog that is mainly pictures. sorry.

oh dad dad daddy-o, you and that blue tooth crack me up.

the louisville zoo is gorgeous and quinn bought me a year pass for mother's day, so i took mom and dad and we made it a day. i usually don't like zoo's, but other than the gorillas looking sad, i don't have any complaints.

congratulations joe! we are going to miss you like crazy!!! especially quinn. who in the world is he going to play ball with now?!

my oldest brother sam, an orthodontist in boise that also graduated from UofL, came to the graduation and had the honors of cloaking joe. quinn and i realized that if i get into the dental hygiene program, we will graduate on the same day and quinn will be able to cloak me. awwww.

jayden is also going to miss joe immensely. he gets so excited and flaps his arms like a bird whenever joe walks in our door.

proud parents.

joe also received an award earlier that day for being exceptional at implants. some of the awards gave money, so quinn took note of which awards those were and will now work towards achieving them. :)


we loved having grandma and grandpa here and can't wait to see them again.

thank you sam and hollie for taking us to all of your favorite restaurants, and for all the graeter's ice cream, and for making me gain 5 lbs over the weekend.
oh boy, jayden's becoming a cheeser. we didn't even try to make him look or smile at the camera in this picture.


i have to buy these sunglasses...

i just HAVE to!

6 comments:

stace said...

how fun to have your parents out! looks like you guys had tons of fun. all my friends out here with kids have season passes to the zoo also and they go ALL THE TIME! chris told me about your little scare over the weekend! i can't believe your friggin' husband jumped all those fences and tackled the dude! he's super macho.

the mortensen's said...

you are one of the funniest girls I know! and I am counting on seeing you guys in like a month so DON'T let me down!

Karen Brown said...

You are soooo beautiful - I can tell you get it from your parents! I was a little jelous with the holding thing my turn will come soon RIGHT?

Karen Brown said...

YEA JOE! WHAT A STUD!

Kemp said...

so fun! Graduation is the best day ever! Congrats to Mr. Joe Smith DMD! Oh and that would be cute if Quinn cloaked you on graduation day. My brother Russell did that to his wife Julie! Totally cute!

Kori said...

Lex- you look so good!!! i bet you had a great time with your parents in town! When you are in town this summer we all need to get together again!! Congrats to your brother! When do you find out if you get into the hygiene program? Good luck!!!