Monday, May 17, 2010

a hair cut, mother's day, and a super cute baby

so much has happened since i blogged last that i don't know where to start, but i also don't want to write a novel, so i'll try to be brief.

up first, a hair cut. we gave j-dogg his very first (and very much needed) hair cut. after watching his hair always fall in his eyes, and always looking wind blown, and even finding gum in his hair, i finally decided that it was time. even though i was the one that initiated the hair cut, i still got emotional. nerdy, i know, but he looked SO much older the instant the hair fell to the ground. we put him in his high chair, put on the bee movie, and gave him a yogurt and he held still for almost the whole time. quinn insisted on cutting his hair, and with sherstine on call, he did a great job. he looks like such a big boy.
up next, mother's day. quinn gave me the best mother's day i've ever had. well, i guess i've only had 3, but this one was by far the best! i woke up to quinn holding a present out to me. it happened to be the first of 21 presents! the first was my favorite trail mix that had a clue on it to where the next present would be. this went on for almost all the presents (which consisted mostly of my favorite candies and cereals), until one clue lead me to the oven where i found a pizza stone. i assumed that was my big present bacause i had been wanting one, until i found inside another clue. it lead me to the back bedroom where i found quinn holding an adorable box and inside was a shiny new itouch! i always told quinn that i wanted an iphone and i would just hold out until we could afford the extra monthly payment, but i found myself drooling over his itouch all the time. now quinn is drooling over mine because its a newer generation.

after a huge lavish breakfast made by my man, we headed off to church. my only complaint this mother's day is that i had to give a talk. i know. who asks a mom to give a talk on mom's day?! and the topic wasn't even on mother's! after church quinn cleaned the house while letting me take a nap (the second best present next to the touch). the tafoya's came over for dinner and the boys made us dinner while shanah and i realaxed and talked. thanks q baby for such a wonderful day.

and last but definitely not least, a super cute baby.

9 comments:

Sarah M said...

Those are some of the most beautiful family photos I've ever seen. And your kids are adorable...even more so than pigeons! I know, right?!

Hilary Jorgensen said...

owen looks totally looks a little chunky. that cute belly and cheeks. ahg! i just can't wait to squeeze them. and jayden is totally hot. i know, i know, he's only 2 (almost), but he is such a cutie patootie.

Kemp said...

Okay I love Jayden's new hair cut. It looks great and yes it does make him look older :) Quinn totally rocked this mother's day! Good work......oh and owen couldn't possibly be any cuter! Can't wait to meet him in less than a week now. It is fun to say see ya on Monday :)

Mitchell Family said...

He is definitely super cute! You have a darling family. I wish you lived closer so I could see them and play with them!

Kori said...

You have such an adorable family! Little Jayden is so cute and I love his haircut! Owen is so precious! Glad to see you are doing well:)

the mortensen's said...

The haircut looks FANTASTIC!!!!Didn't I warn you he would look older? What a handsome dude! And I want to blow raspberries on Owen's chubby tummy! Can't wait to meet him!
p.s. that was a lot of !!!!!

Unknown said...

Gosh dang-it you are just too adorable for words. Loved the picture of jayden. I will be home in July for 7 weeks and I promise a trip down to Louisville to see you guys!

Cali said...

Finally, you posted. Quinn has to be one of the most thoughtful guys I know. You are very lucky. I absolutely love Jayden's new hair cuts. He looks hot. Can I say that about my nephew? Owen is adorable. I can not wait to squeeze him.

Cali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.