Wednesday, April 28, 2010

3 years and counting

on this day 3 years ago i married the man of my dreams. i remember the day we were set up. my sister, hilary, said that she received revelation and that i needed to go out with this guy named quinn. after i got back from my mission i was constantly set up and finally vowed to never go on a blind date again, but seeing how hilary said that right after coming out of the temple i thought it must be true, (and for the fact that she has impeccable taste and is....well...perfect). that night quinn and i went on our first date. i can honestly remember the instant i laid eyes on him for the first time. not only was i floored by his gorgeousness, but i had never met a guy like him before. his smile lit up the room and he seemed genuinely happy to see me, even though he didn't know me. i remember acting like i had to get something out of my car just so that i could hurry and call hilary. pretty much the phone call went something like this, "hilary, he's so hot! k. gotta go." he was in boise just for the weekend to watch his little brother and sister while his parents went on a cruise, so he brought his siblings on our first date. and the way he treated them sealed the deal for me. he was the one. it really was love at first sight.

i can't believe it has only been three years! it feels like we have been married forever. (in a good way, of course). i feel like i've known him my whole life, and even before that. he makes me breakfast on saturday mornings. he is working his butt off in school for me right now. he is the best dad in the world. and he always lets me be right. i love you babe. remember....you promised that we'd die at the same time like on the notebook.

10 comments:

Cali said...

That's so cute. It's funny, because Ryan promised me that we would die at the same time too or he would hurry and shoot me and then himself 1 second later. Whatever happens. Happy anniversary. I love your guts.

Hilary Jorgensen said...

i totally remember that phone call. i also remember dad saying that you and quinn rivaled brangelina as the most beautiful couple in the world (okay, he didn't say brangelina, but he did say brad and angelina).

i'll second that.

bbcurfew said...

happy anniversary to you two! we have a lot to celebrate now... (bday, anniversary)... well, the curfews probably won't celebrate the anniversary with you.... BUT we can watch your kids for you or something. b and i have promised eachother we'll die at the same time like in the notebook, too!

Trev and Shan said...

what is with all of you promising that you'll die at the same time as your husband? if trev goes first...okay, i'm gonnna stop right there in fear of jinxing myself. :o) i am totally kidding anyway. happy anniversary to one of the cutest, funnest, funniest couples i know! you are definitely a match made in heaven. we love you guys!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

cali, i think you and ryan took that a little too far. nothing says love like murder and a suicide. ;)

the mortensen's said...

you guys are ridiculously good looking. I am proud to call you my friends.

Lyric Payne said...

You really did marry a PERFECT match for you, as did my other sisters. I remember telling people, "my sister lexi is the girl that all the guys want, but she doesn't really fall for any of them." Quinn is the male version of that, except the girls want him...who knows, maybe the guys too! Congrats. We love you guys.

Karen Brown said...

Lyric did not just say "the guys tooooo" Wow Lyric! I just know I love both of your guts! OH and when he broght Lexie home I pulled Jim in our bedroom and was jumping up and down saying "SHE'S THE ONE - SHE'S THE ONE!!!" They do look a little like Ken & Barbie! YA THINK? HAPPY 3 YEARS

jessica said...

Quinn and Lexi...congrats! Congrats on your anni and most of all congrats on the arrival of Owen! That's so exciting! I had no idea until my grandma told me last night that Karen had called her to let her know recently. I'm so sorry to hear that he was sick...poor guy. Hope he's doing better. I can't believe how big Jay is....wow! He's so adorable. Your boys will be best buddies. I am so grateful to have our boys so close...not a day goes by that I'm not grateful for it. They'll always have a built-in best buddy! I am dying to hear about school. Can't believe Quinn will be a third year and are you still going strong with hygiene? Have you started the prgm? I'm so amazed...good job! Life is good here. We had our little baby girl, Savannah, on Feb 27th and we are all IN LOVE with her!!! Hope everything is going well for you guys! We miss you guys. Congrats again on the anniversary. You guys are the most darling couple...both so happy, fun, and all around awesome. Lots of love...the Coombs!

Alyssa Christine said...

you have the most adorable family