Monday, August 6, 2007

No more lonely

So the love of my life left me last week for 4 days to go on the high adventure hike with the priests in our ward to Havasupai Falls in Arizona, and it was a miserable experience for me. It was the first time we had been apart and I couldn't sleep at night. I would keep myself awake for as long as I could so that when I laid in my bed I would fall right asleep (which was usually around 3 a.m.). I don't know what I would have done without my friends here that kept me company every night. I devoted my whole Saturday to prepare for Quinn's homecoming that night, which kept me busy and my mind off my loneliness. I cleaned the house, made coconut bread, ironed his Sunday shirt and bought a new tie to go with it, I made a welcome home banner and bought him a welcome home present (a polo shirt and ice cream maker), and last but not least, I made him a candy gram. yes, a candy gram. juvenial and nerdy yet fun. Anyways, my baby's home and the two love birds are together again. Thank you to all who kept me company and helped me not go crazy last week.

7 comments:

bec said...

We're so glad you guys get to be with each other again. and that is the cutest illustration you added. Who's the artist?

bec said...

I'm glad quinn came home, but I am absolutely offended that you ditched Becca and I on Saturday!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

becca, i don't remember the name of the artist but i found it on etsy.com (a new website i found that i'm in love with). it is a website where people sell homemade things and it has a lot of cool art. you should sell some of your art on there. you could make a fortune! :)

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

p.s. after reading this post...i sound absolutely pathetic

HABBENINK said...

I'm so glad you have your dude back! ;) thanks for the comments!

Jordan B H! said...

I googled Quinexis and this was the first listing. Ha.

Sandi said...

Lexi, the only thing I have to say is that you may have started a trend you will have to continue for the rest of your life!!!!!!!!!!!!