Wednesday, October 31, 2007

feliz halloween!

last night quinn and i went to our ward's trunk or treat party and our non-member friends that we invited actually came! quinn made friends with todd, the dad, playing ghetto ball at the park (quinn said they were the only two white guys there). since then we have had dinner together and become good friends with him, his wife and their 3 kids. anyways, seeing how i had to dress up for this party and for my work, i quickly realized that all of my costumes were at my parent's house. so quinn and i decided to use just what we had in the house so that we didn't have to buy anything. well, is all we had was a sombrero. we worked with it...and quinn turned out to be the best juan valdez i've ever seen. (for those of you who don't know, juan valdez is the columbian coffee guy). i had to say to the girls at my work, who are all mexican, that he was dressed up as juan valdez, i couldn't just say that he was a mexican for halloween...that sounds a little racist. but he really did look like a mexican after he put on the wig and i drew the mustache on him. i was cracking up all night. to say the least, we had a great time at the party with our friends and even won a cake at the cake walk and danced at the dance party. olay!

7 comments:

Karen Brown said...

I'm so glad you clarified that the hair on his head and his face are part of the costume - SCARY!!! You are both sooooo cute in the picture! Love ya! Mom

Brandon said...

Me gusta sus costumbbres!

Sandi said...

I remember Juan Valdez, and he looks like him only not old enough! Lexi, I think we have your cowboy shirt here. Love

Taylor said...

Quinn, it is not your gayness that defines you, it is your Mexicanity

bec said...

you guys look awesome!
I'm sad we didn't have a reason to dress up this year. But I don't know if we could have found costumes that I liked better than our Jim & Pam ones from last year. We may never be able to dress up again.

Hilary Jorgensen said...

Kinda creepy. However, I hate to be the one to relay this info--Juan Valdez is Columbian. You can't have the best of both worlds. So what's it gonna be--Mexican or Columbian?

Steph said...

LEXI! What's up! It's Steph from USU. I just saw your blog from Becky's! You are so cute and I love your wedding pics! :) I have a blog too you can check out, I love blogging buddies!

http://ourjohnsonjourney.blogspot.com/

LOVES,
Steph