Saturday, October 6, 2007

fro's happening

last weekend quinn's parents came into town and happened to bring with them jim's (quinn's dad's) high school year book. that is where i found this gem...a picture of quinn's dad dribbling down the court in short shorts and an incredible fro. i loved this picture so much and decided that it should not be hidden but rather it should be blogged for the whole world to see. there was also a pictures in the yearbook of jim hanging from the rim after dunking it and the only thing you can see is a black fro. in high school, during basketball season, quinn also grew a large fro and was great just like his dad. who knows, maybe there is something about a fro that makes you better at basketball...or at least look better while playing basketball. now quinn's little brother, joel, is growing his hair out for this upcoming basketball season. like father, like sons.

7 comments:

Brandon said...

I don't know how Becca feels about it, but I would love to grow out a big red fro. And with as little as I play ball these days I could definitely use the magical powers of the fro.

Melinda Jones said...

LOVE THE PHOTO! I agree, something this valuable ought not be kept from the rest of the world. Share the joy!

Lyric Payne said...

The scanned copy of this picture makes it feel even more retro. I totally love it. I just can wait for the follow up blog on Quinn, and then put one up of Joel when his fro is adequately big. Start digging through those boxes for the ol' yearbook Quinn! I will be anxiously awaiting.

Dunn's said...

Oh my gosh! That's hilarious! Love the fro and the music just fits. You crack my up Lexi. You've got to teach me how to put the tunes on my blog. So if I ever actually did some real blogging I would be up to date.

Naylor Family said...

I totally remember that fro of Quinn's, he's was always one to make you laugh. I remember the coach getting so mad at him on picture day!

bec said...

Actually, I think Brandon does know how I feel about a big red fro. It may work for the Browns, but as the official Miller house barber, I don't see a big red fro on the horizon.

Karen Brown said...

Becca. . . The Brown's need to teach you how to HANG LOOSE! Brandon would look dead sexy in a fro! Actually I was shocked beyond words when he came running out on the court with that big nasty fro bobbing around then I said to my self - I'm going to join him because it is a joke after all! So I went out and bought red clown wigs and we all sat in brown town and cheered out lungs out! You can see it on the news or read about it in the news paper 2001 edition! We had fun with it! Go Joel!