Monday, October 1, 2007

Ode to Rocketta

This picture is of Quinn the day he bought his scooter, aka rocketa. Look how happy he is...he has no idea his scooter would be taken from him a little over a year later! Yep, thats right folks, thursday morning Quinn woke up early to go to the library and study like he does everyday, when he walked out the door and walked down to the cars....the scooter was no where to be found. Rocketa was stolen and taken from us on the 27th day of september 2007. When we filed a report, the cop pretty much told us we were screwed and that it happens all the time here. On the same day it was stolen Quinn also found out he got and interview atLouisville, so he didn't know whether to be happy or sad. We were sad. But on the other hand we made Karen, Quinn's mom, the happiest person alive. She has been praying for something to happen to the scooter so that Quinn wouldn't drive it around Vegas (which really isn't the safest place to drive in the world). This ode to rocketa (may she rest in peace) is to let her know that she has given us some of the best times of our lives. She will be greatly missed.

12 comments:

bec said...

That is so sad. If we were living near you guys we would have to have some kind of funeral ceremony for our scooters that are now in the hands of other people.

p.s. I am so impressed you have music on your blog! Great song.

bec said...

And do you think you could ask Karen to pray for Brandon to do well in school this semester?

Mitchell Family said...

That would never happen in Utah!! jk
Hey how do I get my music post on the side so it doesn't end up on the bottom of the page?

Trisha said...

Welcome to 'Crimeville'....might as well move to California... :( Quinn said if I left you my blog address I might just gain ONE NEW FRIEND>>>>> reminds me of the I Love Lucy episode where she joins 'Friends of the Friendless'..... My blogspot is: Trishydishyfish- I won't GROVEL, but won't you please be my friend? :) Pretty Please?

Trisha said...

Trishydishyfish06, that is.

Lyric Payne said...

That really really sucks...about rocketa, but that really really rocks...about Louisville. Your song choice is oh so appropiate. I love it. I want to put themed songs on my blog too. If the next time you open my blog and hear the song "Wild Thing" just go ahead and close it down, because it may be a tribute to my night with Steve! I am so excited for Quinn's Louisville interview. Too bad Steve doesn't have more pull in Arizona. Maybe if we were donors! One bonus - You could definitely afford a house more easily in Louisville. I'll call you soon. Love you.

Brandon said...

I have one question. Did Quinn leave the keys in the ignition? He has been known to do that in the past.

Brandon said...

That is quite the tragedy though. Maybe quinn just lost a bet while playing pick up ball in the park.

Brandon said...

If Rocketta isn't returned you're really going to have to get a new one, because what else will you do with those awesome helmets you have?

Karen Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Brown said...

THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS! BOTH OF MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED - SHOULD I PRAY FOR GRANDCHILDREN NOW? ALL MY LOVE MOM (KAREN)

Dunn's said...

Quinn I'm so sorry about Rocketta. She was so good to you and you two were a perfect match. I hope you can find it in your heart to love again. Congrats on Louisville, too. Let me know how it goes!