Thursday, September 4, 2008

she's crafty

lately i have had the strongest urge to make everything myself...including headboards for our bed and our spare bedroom's bed. i got the idea from hgtv and had so much fun doing it. i just covered a piece of plywood with padding and then covered that with fabric. one is covered with burlap and the other with some drapes that i found at a thrift store. i may pull a maria and make some "play clothes" out of the rest. these were also the first buttons i have made and i think that i am hooked.

4 comments:

stace said...

that's an awesome idea! i love hgtv they have the coolest stuff on always. i've been a furniture painting fool lately. we get free furniture that is hideous and i fix it up with a fresh coat of bright colored paint. it's the best. plus you feel like you're doing something super fashion savvy as well. way to go lex. they look super sweet.

Kori said...

Those look so good!!! I wish I was that crafty, I guess maybe I should try again!!

Karen Brown said...

MY GIRLS GOT TALENT! NICE! MOM

Heather Mills said...

OK...we need to get together...I'm an HGTV junkie and like to make stuff like that too. Your headboards look great!