Wednesday, September 10, 2008

sick sweet baby

where do i begin? it has been a crazy 3 days! on saturday quinn and i took jayden to his first university of louisville football game where we quickly realized that there isn't really a place to change a baby's diaper, seeing how jayden had diareah and we had to change him twice. we also noticed in the morning that there was a huge wet circle around his whole body which was throw up and it kept happening over and over again. he didn't throw up all day on sunday so we thought that he was better but then right before i layed him down for bed he threw up again...and then again monday morning. by monday afternoon he was so lethargic that he didn't even want to eat. yep...dehydration. we took him to our pediatrician and he sent us straight to the emergency room. they hooked him up to an iv and pumped him with fluids. he still wasn't eating and still vomiting so they kept us in the hospital for three days to make sure that he would be ok. we are finally home and he is feeling and acting much better but you can tell that the virus is still there. somehow we were blessed with the best baby in the world that still smiles even when he is feeling sick and throwing up.

jayden waiting in the emergency room. why he's smiling i don't know.


could this hospital gown be any cuter? i submit that it could not.


jayden and daddy after getting the iv put in. mommy had already cried enough that day so she stayed outside the room while they were puting it in...it was not far enough away...she still cried.


showing off his cool iv.


for some reason quinn loved that crib. maybe it was because it was more comfortable than the bed they made us sleep on.


this thomas the train balloon made it all worth the trip. some lady goes around giving balloons to all of the sick kids and the second jayden laid eyes on it he fell in love. he played with it for hours and since we've been home i tied it to his walker to make him happy. quinn thinks its funny to bonk jayden's head with it...oddly enough jayden thinks its just as funny as quinn does. the real odd thing here is how much my son loves balloons when i despise them. ok, despise is a strong word, i just think they are pointless and take up air space. i think they are cute, but i just don't know what to do with them when they are given to me. sorry to any of you who have ever given me balloons.




jayden is going to kill us when he gets older for some of the pictures that we have taken. you should see the ones we took of him and his little pee pee tee pee that hollie gave him.

9 comments:

stace said...

that's never good to have a baby at the ER! poor lil' guy. when chris told me you guys had been to the hospital i was super worried. did they figure out what the virus was? is he keeping food down? we're prayin for the little man. keep us posted.

Taylor Family said...

Oh my I am so sorry! Poor little guy, and you poor parents!! That has to be so hard seeing him sick in the hospital like that! As parents you just want to make them feel better, I know. Is he feeling better? You guys are def.in our thoughts and prayers, keep us posted.

Kori said...

I am glad to hear that he is doing better! I know how you feel, I had to take Jack to the ER once for all that, the IV was horrible!! I'm thinking of you and hope he is all better soon, there is nothing worse than seeing your little baby so sick.

Ashlee said...

Hi Lexi! I was just catching up on your lives. I'm so sorry abour Jay being in the hospital! I know all too well how hard that is on parents! It brings tears to my eyes thinking about your sweet baby being there and how tough that would be for first time parents! I'm glad he's feeling better. I also want you to know I'm a HUGE HGTV FAN! You need to post some pics of your house.

Heather Mills said...

I'm glad Jayden is ok! How scary! At least you got some dang funny and cute pictures out of it. What a good baby.

Shawni said...

How horrible! I can barely get through immunizations. I am so glad that he is doing better. We sure miss you guys.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry baby J was sick! But man, he is so cute!!!!! I second your motion that the hospital gown is the cutest thing ever. Hope all is well!

Brady and Kariann said...

I'm glad to hear Jayden is feeling better! Cute pictures of him though!

the mortensen's said...

oh sweet boy! Those hospital gown pics have to be the cutest things I have ever seen! and I LOVE that picture of your boys with their hands on their heads like "oh, what a day!"