Friday, February 26, 2010

baby blues


the baby blues are a funny thing. not post-partum depression...that's not funny, but the baby blues; where your hormones are out of whack and you cry over the silliest things. for me, it only lasts a day or two at the most, and the sobs have come over things like my coldsore bleeding to staring at my baby realizing how much i love him. this past week my mom was in town. she cooked and cleaned and watched jayden and did laundry and let me relax and enjoy my new bundle of joy. it was one of the most wonderful weeks of my life. i love my mom, and even more than her doing everything for me, it was her company that i enjoyed the most. anyways, (before i start crying again) she had to leave me, and it just happened to be on my baby blues day. oh i sobbed and sobbed and hated seeing her leave. but i guess she does have 9 other kids, a husband, and 20 other grand kids to tend to. thanks again mom, for being the best mom a mom could ask for.

5 comments:

Kemp said...

Oh girl I can't wait to have my mom for a whole week to pamper me after I have a child. I am sure it was the best week to just enjoy your new little guy! Seriously though sob away my sisters always cried really easily after having a baby. I think it makes you feel better :)

Jill K said...

It's so nice to have some Mom help and it sucks so bad when she leaves. But the baby blues? It's nice to have those jerks leave.

You have two handsome little men. I love Jayden's hair!

Todd and Meagan said...

I cry when my mom leaves too and it has nothing to do with baby blues :) Your little guys are so cute. I can't wait to see the baby in person. He's beautiful!

Hilary Jorgensen said...

hope you're feeling better. i'm sure you are. your post and my post about mom are pretty much identical. oh, man. we are so lame.

Hilary Jorgensen said...

by the way, owen is A-DOR-A-BLE! i can't wait to kiss him all over the face.