Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"i only like good news"

lexi: "i have good news and bad news."

quinn: "i only like good news."

the bad news is that it is day 6 in the ICU and it doesn't look like we are going home today. i think owen's expression in this picture shows how he really feels about that. he is doing a lot better, but still can't go off of oxygen yet. thanks again for all the prayers. they seem to be working great.

the good news is that quinn's intramural basketball team won in the championship game! let me add that this was in the A league and also let me add that the team they played looked like NBA all-stars....big tall black guys...monstars in fact. no one watching thought that they could beat the monstars (who have actually been the reigning champs of this league for the past few years), but quinn's team played awesome and showed those giants who the real champs are.


the other good news is that i got into the UofL dental hygiene program! i will be starting the two year program in august. and no, i don't know what i'm getting myself into. is all i know is that i want to do it. call me crazy.


here are a couple pictures of pre-RSV baby o.
we think he's pretty cute.

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

He finally got to be on the winning team, eh? And way to go on getting into the dental hygene program! That's gonna be some work...but you'll do it! Congrats. Now, what's the bad news?

bec said...

Congratulations!! On the school acceptance, but most importantly on breaking through the 2nd place curse! Hopefully Owen will join in on the good news soon.

stace said...

o-ball looks so pissed off in that first pic. but then again, i would be too if i had a tube up my nose! poor little guy. congrats on the intramurals...chris tasted victory this year too and boy is it sweet! and the acceptance to hygeine school--way to go! i would volunteer to be your nanny but the commute would probably kill me within the first week.

Heide Gentry-Kemp said...

great job lexi!!! Congrats on getting in! Hope that baby owen gets out soon. He is so cute!!

the mortensen's said...

whahoo!!!! You got in! I knew you would! And way to go to the forever runner up, who is a runner up NO MORE! And yes Jayden and Owen look alike, but different:)

bbcurfew said...

sooo happy you got in. but i soooo knew you'd get in! mrs grammer had a little smirk on her face when i said how happy we are that you got in. you earned it, that's for sure. let me know if i can do anything to help you out with anything.
save me a piece of that corn, ok?

Karen Brown said...

SO . . . white guys CAN jump! Alexis I am soooo proud of you - YOU CAN DO IT! Owen couldn't get any cuter! I hope he is out soon and you get back to somewhat of NORMAL! Love you guys!

Kemp said...

Congrats Lexi! Man you have a lot going on right now! I hope baby owen gets out of ICU soon. Poor little guy :( Well if I can be any help with the Dental Hygiene program please let me know. I know I live 30+ hours away, but just ask! You can always call and ask any questions! You are going to do really well! Good luck with everything

Hollie said...

Congratulations lexi!! I knew you would get in...you had connections...ha, actually I KNOW you got in totally on your own accord. I'm excited for you. It's really not a hard program, you'll do great! We are pulling for little Owen too. I could use a break from my wild life so let me know if you need me to fly out and take care of Jayden. Love ya!